A wrongful deathoccurs when the untimely passing of an individual is caused due to the negligence, carelessness, or recklessness of another. The liability for a wrongful death may be attributed to a single person, group of people, a business establishment, medical facility, or organization.
A wrongful death civil litigation claim may be brought regardless if criminal charges are filed or not.
While we understand each family must have the time to grieve the loss of their loved one, it is also important to remember that your ability to file a wrongful death claim is limited by the Statue of Limitations regarding wrongful death civil litigation.
As a law firm providing experienced Wrongful Death Attorney – Lawyer legal services, we have come to the aid of families in Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Naples, Bonita Springs, Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Immokalee, Lee County, Collier County, and throughout the entire State of Florida regarding the unnecessary loss of a loved one in Wrongful Death Liability claims. We are committed to protecting the legal rights of each and every client, while always striving to provide the highest standard of legal representation. Contact Berke Law Firm, P.A., by calling 239.549.6689 or by using our online submission form.
A wrongful death may be caused by a variety of reasons, and liability claims may be brought if the loss of life was caused due to the negligence, carelessness, or recklessness of another including, but not limited to:
- An automobile, motorcycle, commercial truck, or other motor vehicle accident;
- Slip and Fall Accident or Incident;
- Medical and surgical errors;
- Gun shot wounds or other type of weapons;
- Prescription or other medicine related errors;
- Types of Assault or Battery;
- Physical abuse, neglect, or negligence; such as in a nursing home or long-term care facility.
- Dog bites and animal attacks;
- Or other actions which cause the untimely death of another.
If your loved one has been the victim of a wrongful death due to another’s carelessness, recklessness, or negligence, we urge you to seek the legal advice of an experienced Cape Coral wrongful death attorney – lawyer at Berke Law Firm, P.A., by calling 239.549.6689 to schedule a confidential legal consultation.
Depending upon the circumstances surrounding a wrongful death claim, immediate family members may be able to seek compensation and damages for:
- Lost earnings;
- Medical and Funeral Benefits;
- Pain and Suffering;
- Loss of Companionship;
- Possible punitive damages.