Our Miami Injury Lawyer Knows the Ins and Outs of Injury Claims
At Berke Law Firm, P.A., we understand the daunting process of handling personal injury claims. Our attorneys have the skills, knowledge of the law and experience an accident victim needs. Our injury lawyers travel the extra mile to recover all types of loss and damage in an accident. From medical expenses, vehicle damage, loss of life and lost earnings to providing strong legal representation, our Miami personal injury lawyer will address all of the victim’s needs. They will analyze your loss accurately and try to settle the case as soon as possible. Our legal team will coordinate with you, your family and friends, doctors, etc. to ensure that you receive everything you deserve.
The twenty-first-century era is loaded with haste, saturation and trying times more than ever before. It is considered to be a boon and bliss in terms of general advancements and technology. On the other hand, there are its glooms that cannot be totally ignored.
In today’s fiercely busy lifestyle of being constantly on-the-go, people also inevitably meet mishaps and misfortunes. Financial issues, social insecurity, cut-throat competitions, unexpected health ailments – the list goes on.
One of these everyday hardships is personal injury. It has become part of our lives these days. In such difficult times, having a reputed Miami injury attorney by your side can be a great benefit. If you have been in an accident, due to the fault of another, talk to an experienced injury lawyer and seek immediate legal help.
A Quick Look at the Personal Injury Statistics around the World
If you are here, you must have experienced a recent accident or some type of injury. Certainly, personal injuries bring about several health-related concerns, and people overwhelm themselves worrying about long and hefty medical bills. But there is more to it.
According to the Miami personal injury lawyer, personal injury can bring about plenty of troubles – more than you can think. Personal injury lawsuits make up almost 35% of civil litigation! As per the NCHS (National Center for Health Statistics), over 31 million individuals fall prey to personal injury cases.
The tort is one of the most common legal disputes that fall under the category of personal injury. This is a situation where a person, or entity, causes damage to another person. The victim is then provided an award to recover the damage based on the Tort Law norms. Let’s take a more in-depth look at the ins and outs of personal injury.
Accidents for which you can file an Injury Claim
As per the Miami personal injury lawyer groups’ affirmations, personal injuries can comprise almost any kind of damage that is sustained in accident cases. The scenarios of personal injury differ for every individual. They can arise in different situations that shall determine the types of injuries. There are various types of personal injuries; however, listed below are some of the most common ones covered in lawsuits that would be helpful for you to familiarize yourself with.
- Slip and fall injury – Slip and fall injury is one of the most common types of personal injuries that occur. They are most common in public places. In these types of injuries, any individual who is hurt by any person or entity seeks compensation by the opposite party responsible.
- Injury due to the negligence of someone – This is also one of the most common types of personal injuries. It can occur in a medical institution, a store, a restaurant or any public place. This is when a person becomes injured due to the ignorance of someone’s failure to demonstrate duty of care.
- Injury for an animal bite – This type of injury occurs when a dog, or other animal, bites an individual. Dog bite injuries are more common in the streets. But they can also occur in residential places.
- Injury due to an auto accident – Car, or any vehicle, accident is one such injury covered in personal injury cases. For these types of cases, also people tend to hire a personal injury lawyer. The personal injury lawyer Miami FL is known for handling various kinds of auto accident cases. You can attain reliable legal services in such cases.
- Hazardous drug-related personal injury – Drug companies are bound to maintain certain level of safety standards. But that is often overlooked at the time of release. These cases usually lead to litigation in the form of class-action lawsuits against drug companies.
- Injury due to misdiagnosis – Misdiagnosis is another type of personal injury that is usually a result of medical malpractice. If your health condition has worsened because of any negligence of a medical practitioner, you may be eligible for compensation.
When can you file a personal injury claim?
Each day someone has been injured by a dog bite, medical malpractice, defective products or other personal injury. If another party has hurt you and you are suffering from that injury psychologically, physically or financially, you can file a personal injury lawsuit.
A clear example is a car accident. The injured individual is deprived of a normal lifestyle, employment and is dealing with many medical expenses that s/he is unable to handle alone. This is where the importance of a personal injury claim comes in. The person may be eligible to gain compensation, or award, from the responsible party.
However, easier said than done, filing a personal injury claim can be more stressful and daunting a job than you can imagine. There are many intricacies and details attached to it. Every year a large percentage of personal injury claims are denied. The reasons are varied, including mistakes in the application, lack of documents and pieces of evidence, misrepresentation, and many more reasons.
One can plan on filing a personal injury claim by himself. But that would limit the chances of approval of your lawsuit or claim. Hence, a large percentage of people choose to hire a Miami Personal injury attorney.
How can a PI lawyer help in filing the claim and winning settlement for your loss?
Many assume that spending money on a lawyer would be a tremendous expense. However, that is not the case. You are more likely to save money, and be more efficient, in many unexpected ways if you hire a lawyer. Here is a clear-cut view of how hiring an injury lawyer will help you.
Personal injuries and vehicle accidents can cause emotional upheaval and a lot of pain. The trauma will most likely make it quite challenging for you to make constructive decisions as far as your injury is concerned. A Miami personal injury attorney shall file a proper personal injury claim on your behalf. They can also contribute to bringing knowledge, insights, and skills in your case and help attain the settlements you deserve.
Also, decision making is one of the most intricate parts of such a case. If you do not have any legal background or knowledge of the law, you will find litigation a complicated process. Certain times the opposite parties might admit their mistakes and try to compensate. But most of the time, they will try their best to demonstrate you bear some, if not all, of the blame.
This chance is even higher when organizations fight for their reputations without exposing the court’s intent. Also, not all insurance companies will be cooperative with you in your case. So, in these scenarios, Miami injury attorneys are the best legal minds to provide you with the guidance you need.
If an accident has not resulted in a fatality or is too minor, post-traumatic stress and intense psychological trauma are still grave concerns one must expect. One can manage to file a lawsuit by themselves. But the challenging part is to file it in the proper way. Another tricky part is to follow up on a personal injury case. This is where the importance of a lawyer specialized in personal injury law in Miami comes into the picture.
Talk to our Attorneys to seek appropriate legal help
Contacting a Miami injury lawyer at Berke Law Firm, P.A. can benefit you in more ways than you can think of. According to legal surveys, the cases backed by personal injury attorneys are ten times more likely to become successful.
Our legal team will take extended steps to provide every help you need to tackle the situation after an accident. We will let you recover the maximum possible compensation for your loss and damages. Our team will handle all chores on behalf of your claim. If you are looking for a reputable injury lawyer in Miami, you are certainly at the right place.
Miami Personal Injury Claims FAQ
What to do after an accident?
An accident is one of the most common types of personal injuries. Here are the specific steps you need to follow when met with such a mishap:
- Check for any injuries and seek medical help.
- Document all injuries with photos, paperwork and bills.
- Move to a safer place if the car is in a movable condition.
- Take details from witnesses present.
- Collect the details from the opposite party and insurer’s details.
- Launch a complaint to the nearest police station.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer.
What are the types of damages that are available for personal injury cases?
The types of damages included in a personal injury case are both economic and non-economic damages. What you are eligible to recover will depend on your scenario specifications and case evaluation.
What if I am partially at fault for the accident?
Until and unless you are fifty percent or more at fault for the accident, you are still eligible to receive compensation for your recovery. However, you will need to prove the amount of your fault in the accident.