Have You Been Injured In A Car Accident in Fort Myers? Contact a Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer at Berke Law Firm, P.A. today.
Auto accidents claim a substantial number of deaths every year. Approximately 4.4 million people are severely injured in car crashes and, as a result, seek long-term medical attention. More than 38,000 deaths occur each year due to car accidents on U.S. roadways. The U.S. traffic fatality rate is approximately 12.4 deaths per 100,000 individuals. These numbers speak for themselves and underscore the large numbers of people who are affected by crashes each year.
When you have been involved in an auto accident, taking certain steps is critical to ensure you have all of the information needed for future reference. You must follow the proper procedures when filing your claim so that you can receive the compensation you need in a timely fashion. Having an experienced Auto Accident Lawyer Fort Myers by your side during these difficult times can help you to get the proper monetary compensation for all losses incurred as a result of the accident.
Berke Law Firm, P.A. is a reputable law firm with many years of experience aggressively representing auto accident victims. We will keep you updated throughout the whole process, giving you the peace of mind you deserve as you focus on recovery. Due to our expertise, and our dogged determination, you will optimize your chances of obtaining compensation.
The following steps will help you if you are involved in an auto accident
- Check yourself for injury immediately after the accident and call 911. If you are seriously injured, try not to move, ask someone else to call the police and ambulance.
- If you were traveling with passengers, check for their well-being, too. Help passengers to get out of the vehicle and assist them in checking for injuries. Wait for emergency services to arrive even if you or the other passengers are not injured.
- Move to a safe place like a sidewalk or to the side of the road. If your car or any other vehicle is safe to drive and you are in a condition to move it to the side of the road or shoulder, you can do so. Otherwise, do not take any risk, leave the vehicle, and wait in a safer place for emergency help to arrive.
- Waiting for help is especially important. You must turn off your engine and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights. If you have road flares, use them to warn other drivers on the road.
- Exchange information with the other driver once you are sure that you and the other individuals involved are not injured. The information you exchange should include contact information, insurance info, etc. You may ask for the following information from the other driver involved in the accident.
- Full name and contact information
- Insurance company and policy number
- The license number of the driver and license plate number
- Details of vehicle like color, type, and model.
- Accident location.
The above information will be beneficial when you file an insurance claim.
- Document the entire accident. Take note of every detail of what happened, take pictures, write down names, contact information for any witnesses, and any other information or details that you come across.
Once you have completed any medical treatment, notify your insurers, or call an auto accident attorney to initiate the claim process.
An auto accident can leave even the most seasoned driver shaken. However, keeping all the above-mentioned steps in mind will help you in avoiding unnecessary troubles.
The unique process followed by experienced lawyers
Berke Law Firm, P.A. understands the difficulties arising from an automobile accident. Your vehicle can get damaged, your friends, family members, and others may be injured. Some may have medical bills, medical costs, and rehabilitative treatment in their future. And on top of all of that, now you’ve got to worry about the legal headaches.
But, you don’t have to. With the help of our legal team, you don’t have to do anything alone. We will take control of your case from the beginning to the end, working diligently to ensure the litigation process goes as smoothly and as successfully as possible. We will gather all pertinent information, examine all aspects of the accident, analyze all parties involved, apply relevant legal strategies, and compile the information required to solidify a winning case. We have the top Auto Accident Lawyer Fort Myers for a reason.
Our process of obtaining compensation for auto accidents claims involves:
- Documentation- Documenting the entire incident with all minute details plays a vital role in obtaining the claim amount for an auto accident. Information about the accident, medical records, bills, insurance policy information, etc. will be gathered to strengthen your case.
- Investigation- The attorney and the legal staff will then take the initiative to investigate your accident thoroughly. This is done to gather useful evidence like security camera footage, dashcam footage, police records, etc.
- Negotiation- This is the time where a personal injury lawyer will negotiate with the other party outside the courtroom to help the victim to get the compensation they are entitled to receive. A significant number of cases are resolved outside the court. But, if both the parties disagree on the settlement, our lawyer will proceed to a trial and will represent your case strongly in front of the court.
Should you contact a lawyer after facing an injury in auto accident?
Yes, especially when an automobile collision results in an injury that needs long-term treatment. Such injuries include significant disfigurement, fractured bone(s), limited use of a body function or system, limited use of any body part or organ, or injuries causing disability. These kinds of injuries are compensable and may be maximized with help of a lawyer.
If you or somebody you know was involved in an automobile accident, there are several things you should do immediately. Some of the essential things to keep in mind are;
- Don’t say anything if you don’t feel comfortable speaking at the scene of the accident. Remember, anything you say may be used against you in later litigation.
- After being released from the hospital for your injuries, immediately call an experienced Auto Accident Lawyer Fort Myers
- Don’t be afraid to be totally honest with the lawyer because they should know everything so that they can fight for your rights. The deeper our understanding of your situation, the easier it will be for us to formulate a winning strategy.
An experienced Fort Myers Car Accident Attorney at Berke Law Form will handle an oftentimes unclear claims process without any difficulty. We will ensure that the compensation for the auto accident claim is commensurate with the injuries and losses suffered by the applicant.