JUUL addiction rates are increasing day by day and this has become one of the leading health issues today. JUUL was introduced in 2015, but within a short period of time, its addiction has raised alarms for all of us. Did you know Vaping is considered far more addictive than cigarettes?
A lot of survey reports have revealed that JUUL is more addictive than any other available vape brands. This is because JUUL pods contain too much nicotine. Its addiction can destroy a person’s life and breaking a JUUL addiction can be extremely difficult. Many people don’t know that they can get JUUL Compensation if their addiction has gotten out of control.
Our law firm is representing those who are addicted to JUUL e-vaping devices. We are quite adept at handling lawsuits against product manufacturers and have experience in this area over a considerable amount of time.
If you are a JUUL user and have developed an addiction towards it, you can contact us today for a free consultation. Let us know some details about JUUL compensation, related lawsuits, and settlement.
What is JUUL?
Being credited to capture a significant share of the e-cigarette market, JUUL is the most popular USB-shaped vaping device. One of the highlighting traits of a JUUL e-vaping device lies in its design. It has a sleek and concealable shape that distinguishes it from other e-cigarettes.
Due to its USB shaped design, many parents failed to identify it as an e-cigarette. In additon, with JUUL e-vaping devices, you can find a large variety of fruity flavors. This makes it the best choice among all e-vaping devices for both teenagers and adults.
Since its inception, JUUL has always maintained that usage of its e-vaping devices is entirely safe. In other words, if you want to enjoy a cigarette, vaping on a JUUL device is a better alternative. But the actual situation is quite different.
Recent studies have shed light on the potential danger of using JUUL e-cigarettes. JUUL devices expose the user to a large number of illnesses and can also result in their addiction.
Is JUUL Bad for You?
- Well, it may seem at first that the use of JUUL devices is not harmful at all. This has been a result of the messaging JUUL has put out to the public. They have portrayed their product as one of the healthier alternatives to smoking traditional cigarettes. Through their advertising campaign, they have done wonders.
- Public opinion has changed. The consumers now believe that JUUL devices are safe and free of any hazards.
- Interestingly, the FDA has stepped in to ensure that the general public remains aware of the detrimental effects of JUUL. The FDA also added, there are no pieces of evidence suggesting JUUL is a safer alternative to cigarettes.
- Moreover, by making these false claims about their products, JUUL has violated the Federal Law. The authorities have asked JUUL to prove that all their claims are correct regarding their e-vaping devices.
- If you or someone you know qualifies to participate in a JUUL lawsuit, contact us today. We offer no-obligation consultations to the victims who have suffered an injury as a result of JUUL.
What You Need to Know about JUUL Addiction
- Electronic cigarettes are developed in such a manner that they resemble cigarettes, writing pens, and other conventional products. These devices use a liquid that is comprised of nicotine and substances like glycol and glycerin, which act as flavor enhancers.
- JUUL products are the most common form of e-cigarettes being used by today’s young people. Moreover, a single JUUL pod contains the same nicotine amount as an entire pack of cigarettes.
- The body usually absorbs the nicotine used by JUUL pods at a much higher rate than cigarettes. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received many reports regarding users who have become addicted to these e-vaping devices. Notably, many of them have also suffered convulsions and seizures resulting from nicotine poisoning.
Compensation in a JUUL Addiction Lawsuit
- Current studies indicate-
The high nicotine percentage in the liquid of the JUUL e-vaping devices is making addicts out of non-smokers. Modern-day health experts are also using the term “gateway drug” to describe the immense popularity of JUUL.
Experts believe that there is a sizeable amount of nicotine present in these e-vaping devices. Besides that, these devices are quite sleek, which appeals to the younger generation of society. It doesn’t take long for a user to fall prey to the addictive nature of JUUL.
If you or someone you know has become addicted to nicotine with a JUUL e-vaping device, seek the help of an expert. Our law firm can help pursue the following damages on your behalf.
- Medical expenses (past and future) which have resulted from the injuries including addiction treatment
- Past and future suffering and pain
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Applying punitive damages, if possible
After you have stopped the use of JUUL products, you should recall and start to gather evidence about how you felt after stopping. In a JUUL lawsuit, some of the best evidence you can provide to your attorney shows the frequent use of JUUL products. Here is the list of some pieces of evidence which you should produce for your attorney.
- Photos or video evidence
- Medical records associated with JUUL
- Personal records and accounts related to JUUL use
How Long Does it Take to Get Addicted to JUUL?
JUUL has mainly come under strict opposition by several advocacy groups, healthcare, and federal officials. This has happened due to its extensive advertising campaigns. The use of bright colors and the promotion of fruity flavors have acted as a persuasion for adults to take up e-vaping.
Though JUUL claims that its e-vaping devices are designed for a healthier alternative, the reality is entirely different. When heated, vape products of JUUL can produce particles of heavy metals. These particles can include cadmium and chromium, which can become lodged in lung tissues.
Contrary to views put forward by JUUL, studies show-
Extensive use of JUUL e-vaping devices can create an addiction in individuals. All JUUL e-vaping devices consist of high dosages of nicotine, which can make the user highly addicted to them.
Due to the increase in awareness of programs illustrating the health hazards of using JUUL devices, many people are filing lawsuits. E-Cigarette Lawsuit for Settlement can be filed on behalf of JUUL smokers.
Can You Get Addicted to JUUL?
Well, the answer to this question is pretty obvious. Yes, there is a high risk of getting addicted to JUUL. These e-vaping devices are comprised of high concentrations of nicotine. Notably, a single JUUL e-vaping device consists of the same amount of nicotine as an entire pack of cigarettes.
On the other hand, the FDA has received a large number of reports. It expressed concern over the large number of users who have become addicted to JUUL’s products.
Researchers have also said that JUUL vaping is more dangerous when compared to actual cigarette smoking. For instance, there are greater chances that users of JUUL will develop bronchiolitis obliterans, which is also known as popcorn lung.
The research on the repercussions of JUUL is still emerging. The industry experts are already warning us to be prepared for a substantial increase in lawsuits related to e-cigarettes.
JUUL Injuries & Side Effects
- As traditional cigarette smokers begin the process of quitting, e-vaping devices have emerged as one of the popular methods to help. Interestingly, when you think of vape devices, it is quite reasonable for you to have a specific image in mind. With the steady rise of vape culture, more and more people are changing e-vaping devices.
- However, the JUUL devices don’t fit this image. The JUUL devices are quite easy to conceal as they have a USB like an appearance.
- The liquid in one JUUL pod comprises 5% nicotine, which is equal to a whole pack of cigarettes. Most vape juices contain a smaller percentage of nicotine when compared to a JUUL device.
It is important to note the following facts-
The brains of teenagers are not fully developed, and extensive use of nicotine can be quite detrimental. It can put teenagers at risk for long-term illnesses, lowering of impulse control and mood disorders.
- Youngsters can get addicted more easily as their brain has not been fully developed.
- Using JUUL devices can act as a gateway to use other tobacco-related products.
- The aerosol present in the JUUL liquid is also comprised of harmful by-products. It also has ultrafine particles that are detrimental to the health of the user.
Other minor side-effects may include coughing, stomachache, nausea, etc.
Why File a JUUL Lawsuit?
Individuals with no previous smoking habits were led to believe that JUUL was better than smoking. They made this possible by advertising in different outlets with alluring tags and slogans. However, those individuals who have started using the e-vaping devices of JUUL are now finding it difficult to quit.
Moreover, they are also suffering from significant health issues. Our law firm is helping these individuals to file a Settlement for JUUL Lawsuit to get compensation for the damages that they have suffered. Notably, JUUL failed to warn about the various dangers associated with its e-vaping devices.
Now the situation is much worse as thousands of people are trying hard to quit the use of JUUL devices. If you have suffered a JUUL related injury, you are eligible to file an e-cigarette lawsuit.
This lawsuit will hold JUUL responsible for its careless attitude towards society as a whole. These lawsuits also portray the following fact; JUUL intentionally created a sleek and small device which can deliver nicotine, thereby making the user addicted.
To get the best legal help for JUUL related lawsuits, contact Berke Law Firm, P.A. Our attorneys are highly skilled, dedicated and, experienced in handling such lawsuits.