Medical Malpractice Lawyers In Fort Myers Florida
Medical malpractice occurs when a person employed in the healthcare industry does not perform their duties in the manner or to the standard which is expected. When a doctor, nurse, pathologist, hospital staff, or the hospital management staff member are negligent to the extent that it causes harm to the patient, a claim can be filed against them.
The negligence can be due to fault in diagnosis, treatment, or care after treatment. Knowing about the 4D’s of medical negligence will help you in appropriately filing a claim. Proving malpractice is often tricky for victims if they don’t have lawyers by their side.
4 D’s of Medical Malpractice;
- Dereliction (such as negligence or deviation from the standard care)
- Direct cause
All the above elements must be proven with the proper supporting documents in order to obtain compensation. Based on the preponderance of evidence, medical malpractice can be verified.
The following characteristics are mandatory for medical malpractice under the law.
- Healthcare professionals breached the ‘standard of care’ and showed negligence- the law has set many standards to be followed by healthcare professionals for providing adequate care to patients in all circumstances. If the ‘standard of care’ is not met, and you can prove negligence, you can be awarded compensation.
For a medical malpractice claim to be valid, it is not sufficient to show that a health care professional has breached the ‘standard of care.’ The patient must also show enough valid documents to prove that he or she sustained an injury that was avoidable with adequate care. If there is an injury that is unrelated to the negligence of a person, there will not be sufficient cause for malpractice. To know your chances of receiving compensation, you must talk to an experienced attorney.
- The injury resulted in significant damages – Medical malpractice lawsuits are considered very tough to litigate. Hence, it is important to have an experienced legal professional who can effectively litigate the case. For a case to be viable, the medical malpractice attorney of the victim, must show significant proof of negligence.
Whether you suffered significantly or in a smaller way, you can eventually recover the loss with the help of Medical Malpractice Lawyers Fort Myers Florida. So, if you are injured due to the negligence of a health care provider and the negligence resulted in unusual pain, disability, loss of income, hardship, or significant suffering, talk to our attorney today.
If you have experienced any of the following forms of negligence, we can help you file a claim:
- Failure to recognize symptoms
- Misreading or ignoring laboratory results
- Failure to order proper testing
- Failure to diagnose or a misdiagnosis
- Surgical errors or wrong-site surgery
- Unnecessary surgery
- Improper medication or dosage
- Poor follow-up or aftercare
- Premature discharge
- Disregarding or not taking appropriate patient history
Don’t forget, medical malpractice cases can be very costly to litigate. It is only with the help of an expert that you can bring in the numerous medical opinions, connect the scientific evidence, and demonstrate the party’s negligence to the extent necessary to receive significant compensation.
We understand medical malpractice through and through.
There are many complicated and confusing ways in which an improper diagnosis, treatment, aftercare, or health management strategy may leave you seriously ill or injured. We know how negligent acts or omissions can lead to your suffering. With the Medical Malpractice Lawyers Fort Myers trusts at your side, you can’t go wrong. Our consummate professionals will work hard to ensure your case is as strong as possible.
If you or somebody you know has suffered medical malpractice, you need to act now. At Berke Law Firm, P.A., we have the Medical Malpractice Lawyers Fort Myers has been using for years. Our friendly, approachable attorneys will immediately address your case, helping you to file the best claim possible, for the most compensation allowed. But remember, you have to act soon. The longer you wait to present your case to a certified Medical Malpractice Attorney Fort Myers, the more likely your claim will not be successful.
Be smart, act quickly, and call us today. With a straightforward consultation, we can help get the wheels rolling for you and your family.