Attorneys that Handle Traumatic Brain Injury Florida
Brain injuries can be catastrophic. Even minor brain injuries can have a huge negative impact, and this is why experts suggest hiring a reliable attorney to handle this type of accident case. Many brain injuries occur without the consultation of an attorney that handle brain injuries in Florida and, as a result, people do not get the compensation they deserve for their loss.
Every year a significant percentage of people face traumatic brain injury in Cape Coral. If you or one of your loved ones has suffered a brain injury, you can benefit from a reliable attorney to get the best advice. Do not wait for the patient’s family to contact lawyers. If your friend is injured and their family members are too busy taking care of them to make the call, then you can take the initiative.
Berke Law Firm never hesitates to go the extra mile to help clients in the best possible way. Our Brain Injury Attorney Florida will tell you how your case can be presented in court. Getting the best possible compensation for our client’s losses is our goal.
Sadly, we can’t predict the worst scenarios that individuals can face following a brain or head injury. The injury may not cause any symptoms initially however, after days or months, noticeable symptoms can arise. In this type of situation, most individuals don’t think that their injury was the result of their accident. We have seen many cases when the patient and their family members continue to suffer for years due to lack of proper guidance from the start.
Common Causes of Brain Injury
According to the Center for Disease Control, car, truck, and motorcycle accidents are the primary reason for most traumatic brain injury-related hospitalizations. Frequently, accidents happens due to another driver’s negligence while operating their vehicle.
Injuries during childbirth generally occur when the healthcare provider, hospital, or doctor fails to provide the standard treatment. In these cases, medical malpractice can cause a devastating brain injury.
Accidents can also occur in the workplace. If a person suffers from brain injury while performing duties related to their job, then they are eligible to claim compensation for their loss in accordance with their workers’ compensation benefits.
If you, someone in your family, or a friend is suffering from a brain injury due to any of the above reasons, they may be legally eligible for compensation and can file a lawsuit. The first thing to do is to contact an experienced attorney that has experience in handling similar cases. You should contact someone who specializes in brain injury litigation.
Essentials about Brain Injury Litigation
It is critical that one has a clear understanding of brain injury litigation because it takes a long time to handle these types of claims. Showing the brain injury diagnosis-related documents is a crucial and challenging task. It is best to have testing such as an MRI, CT scans, or other forms of concussion testing to prove your condition.
Most of the time, insurance companies do not trust a diagnosis without supporting documents. They think that the applicant could be faking their condition. A professional brain injury lawyer Florida can help you in gathering correct documents for obtaining the compensation you deserve for all losses due to the brain injury.
- Proving your brain injury and other losses is an arduous process- The jury knows the critical details that are involved in brain injuries, and they handle such cases with the utmost attention. The claimant has to show the vital documents in support of their injury, treatment, medical history, and other details to get the compensation. These documents can include medical records since childhood as well as psychiatric records.
- Loss of cognitive reserve- Cognitive reserve is nothing but the amount of brainpower that any individual has to carry on in their current phase of life. This cognitive reserve helps in protecting ourselves from fatal neurological diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s. If you are dealing with a loss of cognitive reserve due to brain injuries, you may get monetary compensation earlier than those who are not.
Not all brain injury attorneys can handle complex cases. Make sure you have someone who knows about all aspects and scenarios of brain injuries by your side. If you have been suffering from such misfortune, call Traumatic Brain Injury Florida lawyer.
- Substantiate brain injuries through testing- Being able to prove a significant brain injury can lead to settling/winning a brain injury claim. A positive outcome is easier due to new technologies used in diagnosis and treatment. If you have had any of the following procedures done, this can be significant proof to show your brain injuries and its effect on your life.
- MRI/DTI(Magnetic resonance imaging/ Diffusion Tensor Imaging)
- MRI/SWI (Magnetic resonance imaging/ SWI Susceptibility Weighted Imaging)
- MRI/MRS (Magnetic resonance imaging/ Spectroscopy)
Filing A Lawsuit with Brain Injury Lawyers with Berke Law Firm
To get compensation, the sufferer must have proof to justify the fact that the accident outcome was because of the other party’s carelessness. They need to show the following elements to strengthen their case:
- Duty of care: This involves a reasonable level of care performed by doctors. The level of care should justify medical community standards.
- Breach of duty: If a person breaches their duty of care, then it comes under the negligent norms. For example, if a doctor’s level of care does not meet the community medical standards, then in such cases, they may have breached their professional duty.
- Damages: The injury needs to have caused either economic or non-economic losses for a victim to file a case.
We believe that no one should suffer because of someone else’s negligence. This is the reason why Brain Injury Lawyers helps people to fight for the compensation and justice they deserve.