Obtaining Social Security Disability Benefits In Florida
- Unfortunately, disability is more common than we think. It causes tremendous troubles to the disabled person, as well as his/her family members. Statistics indicate that a 20-year-old worker has a 25% probability of becoming disabled before full retirement age.
- Disability is a condition or group of conditions that affects millions of people across the country. Some people are in physical or psychological pain. Many people are so impaired, that they can barely function. Although many of us know somebody who is disabled or impaired, we rarely expect it to happen to ourselves.
- If you are disabled and unable to work, do not delay. You may be eligible for powerful social security benefits. You need the Social Security Disability Florida relies on most. These disability payments have the ability to change lives.
- A disabled claimant should seek social security benefits immediately. These benefits help in a number of ways. Not only do disability benefits provide a safety net, but these payments also protect children and spouses.
Disability Application Criteria
This social security system is strictly implemented by a federal government agency. This agency is called the Social Security Administration (SSA). The SSA has the sole responsibility of administering social security benefits to recipients disabled and poor.
If you are disabled and struggling to work, you should apply for benefits. You may qualify under certain programs. SSA’s main disability program is called Social Security disability insurance (SSDI). The SSA will assess your eligibility based on a number of important factors. There are different ways that you can apply for social security benefits.
If you think you may be eligible for social security disability (SSD) benefits, consult an attorney today. In fact, the experienced lawyers in your area can help you through all stages of the process. If you’re initially filing, they will ensure your application is complete. If you are appealing a denial, your lawyer will represent your case aggressively in front of the court.
The Social Security Administration (SSA) requires that you:
- Are 18 years old or older;
- Are not receiving social security benefits on your own social security record;
- Have a medical disability or condition that prevents you from working substantially;
- Have a medical disability or condition that has already lasted, or is expected to last, at least 12 months; or
- Have a medical disability or condition that is expected to lead to death; and
- Have not had a disability benefits application rejected in the past 60 days
SSA Online Appeal Application
- The SSA actually offers an online appeal application for applicants who were rejected in the past 60 days. This allows claimants to request that their applications be reviewed. Disability claimants should complete this Internet Appeal application fully and accurately. Once the SSA receives this online appeal, the agency will re-evaluate its prior determination.
- The initial disability application and appeal application are both highly important. This is why Florida Disability Lawyers are so critical. Once you have finished filing online, you will be contacted by a Social Security representative. This agent may reach out to you by either phone or mail. If supplemental information is required, an SSA agent will request it. You may also apply at any Social Security Office Florida applicants use.
Not all disability applicants are required to apply online. Those who simply prefer an in-person filing have alternatives. In these cases, social security claimants can apply by phone. A claimant should call 1-800-772-1213 to schedule an appointment with a local Social Security office.
Don’t walk into a Florida social security office empty-handed. Don’t face lengthy wait times. Consult a top Florida Social Security Disability Attorney to streamline the process.
Social Security Benefits Process:
- Applying for social security benefits is not an easy process. It takes time and it takes research. You may have to contact numerous professionals. You may have to obtain countless documents. The paperwork can sometimes be overwhelming.
- When you consult with a disability lawyer, your representative will help you significantly. A good disability attorney can assist you in presenting the right information in the right way.
- You will be required to present personal, medical and vocational information.
Information The SSA Requires When You Apply-
The Social Security Administration (SSA) will request a large amount of information. Many disability claimants are actually surprised by the amount of documentation required. This is nothing new. The SSA is very precise in its determinations. If you cannot fully meet all criteria, you will be rejected.
i. Personal information includes:
- Your birth date and place
- Your Social Security number (SSN)
- Your family members’ names
- Your family members’ social security numbers
- Your family members’ birth dates and places
You will also be required to provide important medical documentation. This may include test results, medication lists, and recorded treatments. The SSA may also request assessments from specialists. A top Florida SSD Attorney will help you with this information.
ii. Your relevant medical information includes:
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of your medical professionals
- The contact information of hospitals and clinics you’ve visited
- The names of medications and their prescribing doctors
- The names and dates of medical examinations
- And other detailed information about your medical condition(s)
In addition to medical information, the SSA also requests substantial work documentation. The SSA will need to prove that you do not engage in a certain level of substantial gainful activity (SGA). If your earnings are too high, the SSA will determine that you are engaging in SGA.
iii. The Social Security Administration will request that you provide documentation detailing:
- Your earnings for the current and past years
- The contact information for your current and prior employers
- A copy of your Social Security Statement
- A record of your previous jobs for the past 15 years
- Information pertaining to benefits you have received or expect to receive
Overall, the application process can be very difficult. You are required to present substantial information regarding your medical and vocational history. You must prove that your disability is a total disability. It must be severe and lasting. Moreover, your disability must significantly affect your work capacity.
If you’re applying for Social Security disability insurance (SSDI), you need help. You want to ensure that your application is completed fully and properly. You want to ensure that you have all proof required. Most importantly, you want to ensure that your legal rights are protected.
As a matter of fact, a lot of people have misconceptions concerning social security disability benefits. Too often, disabled individuals simply do not meet the Social Security Administration (SSA) requirements. This may be due to work history inconsistencies, uncovered disabilities, or other criteria conflicts.
A sound social security attorney understands social security law. If you hire an experienced representative, you can significantly improve your likelihood of approval. This is why you need an seasoned SSD Lawyer Florida who understands the system well.
Apply for Social Security Disability Benefits in Florida
- Before you enter a Social Security Office Florida, you need to prepare. Don’t be blind-sided by unexpected questions. Don’t fail to understand your condition and workability. Don’t misunderstand the application process.
- You should do sufficient research before applying. This will help you present the best benefits claim possible. With the help of a legal professional, you can be sure that you don’t make critical mistakes.
- When applying for social security benefits, you have two primary options. You can either apply online or you can apply in-person. When applying online, you need to make sure that you are eligible. Not all disability applicants can apply online. But having any attorney by your side will be an added advantage.
An SSD Attorney Florida Can Respect
Many disability applicants are unsure. They don’t know if they qualify. They don’t know how to complete the application. They don’t know which professionals to contact. They don’t know how to gather the necessary documentation.
There are many reasons that social security claimants become confused. The process can be highly complicated. If you or someone you know is struggling with the process, it’s time to act. Meet with a reputed Florida social security lawyer near you and learn more about your chance to receive the benefits.
Clients Deserve the Best Lawyers For Social Security Disability In Florida
The thing you have to remember is that a majority of initial appeals in the state of Florida get denied. When you do not have legal counsel at your side, the rates of rejection increase even more. We have a proven track record of success. The professionals at Berke Law Firm, P.A. do not exaggerate. They do not procrastinate. Each disability lawyer will calmly and concisely explain the process ahead.